Welcome to our employment page!
Pay STARTS at ~$10 per 30-min visit~ and goes UP from there. (See Your Compensation below)
We are excited you are here.
- We offer flexible schedules
- We employ part-time pet sitters and dog walkers locally
- We try to keep all our employees within 5 miles from where they live
- Each employee is covered under our liability insurance
- We pay for your background check
- We pay for your client Meet & Greets
- All employees that work holidays receive an additional $10 per visit
- Paydays are twice a month
- We utilize an App for your phone that provides the sitter with all the details necessary to have a successful visit with the clients in their care
- We provide you a backup sitter when you can’t take care of your clients due to illness or vacation
- Earn additional income – $25 – by referring friends, family, and neighbors to Roxie’s Pet Sitting
- Our staff receives discounted pet sitting for their personal pets when they go out of town
Preferred sitter will have:
- Previous experience working with animals, especially large dog breeds.
- Willing to work with any breed.
- Ability to work morning, afternoon, evening, weekends &/or holidays.
- Must love dogs, be patient, reliable & trustworthy
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Possess a high School Diploma or GED.
- Provide three (3) written references i.e., past employer, mentor etc.
- Have a vehicle & valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work varying schedules.
Pet owners hire a pet sitter or a dog walker when they are not able to be home to take care of their pets. They don’t want to kennel the pets or impose on a neighbor or a relative. They are looking for a professional who will dedicate their love and attention to the pets in the comfort of their own home. Below is a list of some pet sitting and dog walking jobs that are most common:
- Feed & provide fresh water for pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication (you will be trained on each individual case)
- Exercise, play & brush
- Pick up after pets, including cleaning up the occasional pet mess.
- Scoop & change litter box
- Walk dogs (rain or shine with limitations during very hot days or when storms contain lightening)
- Transport pets to and from veterinarian, daycare facility, or groomer (only as needed)
- Pick up mail, newspapers, fliers & packages
- Alternate lights & blinds, check on the overall security of home
What our pet sitting and dog walking jobs look like
Roxie’s Pet Sitting & Dog Walking Services is one of the most recognized pet sitting companies east of Dallas. We are a company that values your time. All pet sitting and dog walking job assignments are flexible. We try to assign only those pet sitting clients who live within 5 miles from you. We are successful most of the time, but not always. Having a short commute is essential to making this job fun. We do not guarantee the amount of pet sits you work when your clients travel. When they stay home, you are not making any money. So, the volume is sporadic, and you can never count on a set number of hours you will work each week. You are on call when we have work for you, so this job is better treated as a part-time extra income generator. We do not want to over-promise and under-deliver. It is more of a lifestyle than a job. It’s flexible, close to home, and if you truly love pets and like being outdoors, you will enjoy how positive and self-managed this working environment is.
What we are looking for in an ideal employee
We are looking for honest, reliable, well-organized people who love pets and need extra income. Your flexibility of schedule is the key to this position. You will work weekends, but you will not work every weekend. We are looking for individuals that can be available 7 days a week. Each client will not schedule each day, but when considering all clients, there are visits each day of the week.
Our pet sitting customers usually have dogs and/or cats. Exotic and caged animals are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Usually, pets don’t have serious medical needs and won’t have major behavioral problems. In most instances, they have used a pet sitter before, and the customers are comfortable leaving their pets at home with a pet sitter. You would meet with clients before committing to the assignments. We want to make sure you are comfortable with pets and their routines.
Matching our employees with jobs
Once a pet owner contacts us, we map all nearby pet sitters and start with the closest one. If they are not available, we just move on to the second closest pet sitter. We try to assign all jobs within 5 miles from where the pet sitters live. We want to make sure that all pet sitting, and dog walking jobs are convenient for our employees. Spending a long time in commute is stressful and unproductive.
Once you agree to an assignment
Once you confirm your availability to take a client, you meet with the client. During that meeting, you go over the pet sitting routine. You become that client’s primary pet sitter. If they travel again in the future, you will be notified, and you’ll be pet sitting them again, if you are available. If an additional backup sitter is needed to fulfill the entire assignment, we will get that sitter set up to work the dates/times you are not able to cover.
You can access your schedule on a web-based software app. You log in, view clients’ info, and review your upcoming schedule. As you pet sit, you check visits off as completed and provide the clients with pictures and an update of the visit. This is how we know everything is going well. As new assignments are added to your schedule, you will receive an email alert.
- Base pay is $10 per 30-min visit
- Base pay is $16 per 60-min visit
- Additional $2 is applied for each additional pet in the household
- Additional $10 per visit is earned during major national holidays
- A $2 trip charge per visit is added to help with fuel cost
- Overnight visits earn our sitters $80 per night
- Client Meet & Greets of $8 are paid to all sitters
- Any tips the clients give when they pay goes directly to the pet sitter through the payroll
- Our software provides each employee with the tracking of their hours and any tips they earn
- We pay twice a month (1st & 15th) based on how many visits the sitter completes during each pay period
- We pay via direct deposit
- We deduct taxes from each paycheck and pay a portion of the Social Security and Medicare taxes for each employee
- A W2 is provided at the end of the year
Let’s get started
Please complete our Initial Questionnaire by clicking on the “Apply” button. Select which city you live in, and you’re on your way. By getting your basic info, we can easily see how far away you are from the clients we serve. Our goal is to provide you with pet sitting/dog walking jobs that are close to your home to provide minimal commute time. If you live within an area that we service, we will prompt you to fill out additional information to move you along in our hiring process. We hope to build long-term relationships with all our employees, so we will tailor your workload to fit your schedule, making it possible for you to maintain your other daily activities.
Your pets are our priority
Pet Sitting Hours
Turd Taker Hours